The VIM-700 Insertion Spindle system is suitable for use in robotic XY linear, cartesion coordinate, SCARA, or 6-axis robot integrations. Engineered designs to automatically feed install a variety of non-threaded fasteners including barbed darts, clips, and dual-action push-pins. Flexible mounting options allow for direct tooling plate installation with a customized adapter plate that matches your actuation method.
The Visumatic Advant-edge
Feed direct to insert point technology for rapid non-threaded fastener insertion.
Spindle punch lock options provide the flexibility to insert horizontally, vertically, or at multiple angles including vertically up. Punch position sensors provide PLC feedback and stroke verification ensuring cycle consistency.
Durable precision hammer and sensorized punch cylinder provide the required insertion force, ensuring proper joining depth is achieved. Tooling tips are custom engineered to interface with component surface details allowing maximum assembly efficiency and accuracy.
- Automatic Insertion Spindle Systems:
- includes microprocessor controlled Model 94 automatic fastener feeder
- feeder enclosure for cleanliness and sound reduction
- fastener transfer sensor provides feed confirmation
- single point communication port for feed and bit position signaling
- insertion tooling designed to fit your non-threaded fasteners and part
Advanced Capability. Engineered Technology.
Additional Insertion Spindle Module Type Images
The VIM-700 insertion system features a rugged design to repeatably feed and install pins, barbed darts, clips, dowels, and other types of non-threaded fasteners. The insertion spindle comes complete with punch position sensors to qualify the insertion stroke and includes a fastener transfer sensor that will monitor the transfer from the feeder to the tooling tip.
- Visumatic Insertion Spindles have nosepiece designs to place a wide variety of non-threaded fasteners:
- single action fasteners like barbed brass fittings and steel pins
- barbed darts, push pins, and Christmas trees
- dual action fasteners like scrivets and plastic anchors
- formed metal clips and complex molded plastic clips
- nuts, weld nuts, and stamped washer nuts
- rivets, plugs, rings, wooden dowels and specialty items